As large Corporations begin to outsource, automate and streamline their operations, many Americans are faced with the startling realization that company loyalty and seniority may not guarantee them the job security and retirement benefits they desire. Despite the economy, the travel industry continues to grow, with online travel making up the fastest growing sector of this industry.
Top 10 Reasons To Consider A Home Based Travel Business:
1. The Industry: Travel is a seven trillion dollar a year business, and is expected to double to fourteen trillion within the next decade. Despite current economic conditions, the travel industry continues to grow, and is growing 23% faster than the Global economy.
2. The Timing: A key factor in the growth of the travel industry in the upcoming decade is the Baby Boomer generation. This is a key demographic for the travel industry, for two reasons. The first reason is that the Baby Boomer generation is seventy eight million strong. Baby Boomers are retiring at a rate of one every eight seconds, and will continue to do so for the next twenty years. The second reason that this demographic will drive the growth of the travel industry is because Baby boomers consider travel a necessity, not a luxury, and they have indicated travel as the number one thing they intend to do when they retire.
3. The Technology: 52 percent of all travel booked in 2007 and 2008 was booked online, and is expected to grow to over 90 percent by the year 2010. In 2007 alone, over 19 billion in travel and related services was booked through online booking engines. More travel was booked online than offline with traditional brick and mortar travel agencies. Source: phocuswright
4. The Investment: True to the home based business model, home based travel businesses have very low overhead. The majority of your investment will be in training and licensing. Training and certification costs will depend upon which travel business opportunity you decide is right for you, based of course, on your due diligence research.
5. The Flexibility: The flexibility of a home based business makes a home travel business perfect for stay at home moms, stay at home dads, those looking for part time income, and retirees. This opportunity is not limited to that particular niche however. Many individuals have left their full time jobs after starting a home travel business, simply because their part time income surpassed their full time job earnings. The ability to set your own hours and to be your own boss is a very attractive advantage of working from home.
6. The Business Models Available: Several traditional brick and mortar companies now see the value of bringing on travel agents who work from home, but this option is still considered an Employer-Employee arrangement. There are other attractive options available that offer the business owner a travel booking engine, and the ability to become a Certified Travel agent for a small investment, and a monthly web hosting fee. Companies that offer this business model include Traverus Travel Network, World Ventures, Global Resorts Network, and YTB .
7. The Benefits: The benefits of becoming a home travel business are many. The travel industry has a reputation for taking care of travel professionals by making it extremely affordable to travel. Travel agents can save up to 80 percent on travel,and receive complimentary upgrades on flights, hotels and car rentals. In addition, many travel companies offer perks such as member trips and the ability to build an organization by recruiting additional agents to maximize earnings.
8. The FAM Trips – also known as familiarization trips. Suppliers will offer access to their facilities at substantial discounts so that travel agents will have first hand knowledge of what their clients will experience when they travel to the suppliers destination. The travel agent will then be able to make recommendations and book travel for their clients based on their personal knowledge. Travel suppliers will roll out the red carpet for the travel agent to ensure the travel professional has an outstanding time.
9. Say Goodbye To Traffic and Commuting: The true beauty of any work from home business is the fact that when you wake up, you are at work, when you are ready to work. Just to be sure to pace yourself, and if possible, have a designated area for your work. That way, when you close the door, and turn out the light, you are really off of work for the day.
10. The Tax Benefits – There are also tax benefits for individuals who chose to do this profession as an independent travel agent, working from home. You should consult with your CPA or tax professional for more information regarding this benefit.
Contact the author Free Tips and Strategies For Online Success
Start a home travel business